Skip to main content

Medications at School

Prescription Medications

If your student takes a prescription medication at school (inhalers and insulin included), new paperwork must be filled out each school year.  Please use the link below to print a copy of the form for your child’s doctor to complete and sign.  You must also sign the form yourself, as the legal parent/guardian.  Once completed by both yourself and the physician, please send the form and the medication to the school, to give to the School Nurse.  All prescription medications must have a pharmacy label.


Over-the-Counter Medications

Please remember cough drops are viewed as an over-the-counter medication.  Cough drops, TUMS, Ibuprofen/Advil, Acetaminophen/Tylenol, and Benadryl are all over-the-counter medications that require a medication administration form signed by a parent/guardian.  You may download the form here, print it out, complete and sign, then return it to the School Nurse.  Any medications you send to the school must have a label/be in the original container.  No unlabelled medications are allowed.


Diabetic Medications/Flowsheet

Please have your child’s physician complete, sign, and return this form each year, along with their detailed care plans.  You, as the parent/guardian must also sign the form before returning to the School Nurse.  Please remember when sending medications to the school to include all emergency medications, as well as fast-acting carbs for hypoglycemic episodes, and glucagon for emergencies.